• Investigate light and dark as part of their ‘Out of this World’ project.
• Explore sound and how we ear and healthy eating when planning their party.
• Investigate what plants need to grow, experiment with growing conditions and make careful observations as part of their Ready, Steady, Grow topic.
• Research animals and what they need to stay healthy during the ‘Rumble in the Jungle’ project. • Investigate forces in Once Upon a Time.
• Explore the properties of materials and changes during their ‘Fire !Fire!’ theme.
• As part of their ‘Inside Out’ topic Y2 research how to stay healthy and the human body.
• During the ‘Come Dine with me’ topic Y2 investigate teeth and how they help us to eat.
• Explore electricity and simple circuits as part of their ‘Time travel’ topic.
• Look at animal groups, life cycles and habitats during the ‘Animal Discovery’ topic.
• Set up their own investigations linked with the building of sandcastles when working on their ‘Oh I do like to be beside the seaside’ topic.
• Investigate rocks and soil as part of their ‘Before Man’ topic.
• Explore light during their work on ‘Hooray for Bollywood’.
• As part of ‘Night at the Museum’ children learn about magnets.
• In the topic ‘Rainbow Fabric’ children look at the properties of materials.
• Look at habitats and use keys as part of the topic ‘View from my window’.
• Study plant and life cycles as part of their ‘Coming Alive’ project.
• Explore reversible and irreversible changes during their ‘Chocolate’ topic.
• Study the water cycle as part of their ‘Splash’ topic.
• As part of the ‘switched on Project’ set up and carry out circuit investigations.
• Look at growth and movement as part of the topic Going Wild.
• Study adaptation in their Survival topic.
• Investigate forces in ‘Lights, Camera, Action!’
• As part of ‘Shake, Rattle and Roll’ Y5 explore pitch, volume and how sound travels.
• Study the Earth and beyond as part of the topic ‘Oh no it isn’t!’
• Investigate rocks and soils in the topic ‘The Dig.’ •
As part of the ‘Emergency’ topic Y5 learn about the human body systems, human body and first aid.
• As part of the topic ‘It’s not fair’ children look at diet, food groups and healthy eating.
• Food chains, life cycles and plants are looked at in the ‘Ch Ch Changes’ topic.
• In ‘Oh what a picture!’ children learn about light and shadow.
• During ‘Essential Ingredients’ children investigate reversible and irreversible changes.
• Children learn about microorganisms as part of the ‘SOAP’ topic.
• Investigate forces during their ‘Greats of the World’ topic.
• Circuits are a focus during the topic ‘Who lives in a house like this?’
• In the topic ‘What a performance’ children also learn about food chains and adaptation.